Posted: 31st March 2020
Posted in: News
Nerve conduction studies and electromyography are used to test for a wide range of conditions that can damage the nerves in the limbs and extremities, including carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, diabetes, cancer, some medications, spinal pain, sprains and fractures.
During these uncertain times, you may be considering delaying necessary testing and subsequent treatment for symptoms of pain, numbness, tingling, burning and/or loss of muscle control in your limbs and/or extremities, until the threat of the Coronavirus has passed.
At Corbett Neurophysiology Services, we understand your concerns.
Current advice from the Government is that no-one knows exactly how long restrictions will last in Australia. Prolonging necessary medical testing and treatment until the pandemic has passed could mean waiting months. For some patients, this could be unbearable.
We wish to reassure you that we are still open and are abiding by strict hygiene guidelines set by the Department of Health to ensure a safe environment in each of our clinics.
Here’s what we are doing to keep you safe:
- Temperature checking staff and patients daily. Anyone who records a high temperature is asked to leave the clinic, observe the required isolation period and receive medical clearance before returning. (Due to our policy of contacting all patients on the day prior to their appointment to ensure that they are not unwell, we have not yet had to enforce this policy.) We also do not admit anyone who has recently returned from overseas.
- Staff wearing mask and gloves when with patients; regular hand sanitising.
- Sterilising counters, desks, chairs, keyboards etc. in waiting rooms and treatment rooms after each patient. Our cleaning staff are working extended hours.
- Patients are clearly advised of the precautions they must take before entering our clinics. This includes arriving to appointments on-time (not early) to minimise time spent in our waiting areas. Patients who arrive early are asked to wait outside. Only patients allowed into the clinic – carers and other visitors are asked to wait in designated areas.
- Waiting room chairs spaced at least 1.5 metres apart.
- COVID-19 signs posted on the front door and reception areas of each clinic. These are updated regularly with current Department of Health advice.
We pride ourselves on being proactive in providing you with premium-quality, safe services.
We understand that you may need to re-schedule your appointment if you are unwell, to protect the health and safety of other patients, staff and visitors.
Please be aware that you will NOT be charged for changing or cancelling your appointment for health reasons.
*You will be given top priority when rescheduling your appointment.
Corbett Neurophysiology Services has been providing premium-quality, bulk-billed NCS and EMG studies (including related consultation with a Neurologist) for some thousands of GP and Specialist referrals (and many public hospitals) for twenty-five years. We have clinics in Brisbane’s CBD, Ipswich and the Gold Coast. We provide immediate results to patients and comprehensive reports are typically sent to referring Doctors within 24 hours.
For more information visit www.corbett.com.au or phone 07 5503 2499 and ask your GP for a referral today. Please note: we are also accepting referrals when you have seen your GP or Specialist via Telehealth (and not in person).